Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's just the beginning...

And it starts now... I am in the middle of my medical clearance in order to be cleared to serve abroad! Of course all of the tests came back just fine, except... the pap! Sorry for my male readers but I am just being honest. That was the one thing that I could not have even imagined would go wrong out of all the tests that were performed! I gave blood, twice, got a Polio and Chickenpox shot, got a TB test, gave a urine sample, took an eye exam, hearing test and pap. Only one test came back and I had to get a follow up exam and test, but it all came out fine!


I have a dentist appointment next week; x-rays, cleaning, and examination of teeth. I am not worried about not getting cleared in this section but you never know.

I have been "nominated' for a Business Development position in Africa; not sure exactly what I will be doing or where I will be. I have formulated a list of the possible countries I may be sent to based on countries the PC is currently operating in and that are French speaking:
  • Benin
  • Cameroon
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Guinea
  • Madagascar
  • Mali
  • Niger
  • Rwanda
  • Senegal
  • Togo



























With the basic research that I have done on all of the countries I have narrowed it down to three which I would be happy to be sent to; Benin, Equatorial Guinea, and Senegal with Equatorial Guinea being my top choice. They recently struck oil (2004) making them a textbook case and the worlds fastest growing economy at a point in time. I think there would be a lot of room for Business Development for me to teach in and also learn from local businesses. 

As for now, more tests and examines. I would also like to take a moment to thank my mom for coming with me to these appointments as I lived my worst nightmare, shots! She put up with a lot and hopefully no more to come!

0 comments:

 

A French Connection Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger