Monday, August 8, 2011

Medical Kit Accomplished! (and cleared!)

Alright, its official, I have sent in my medical kit! I was scrambling around on Friday trying to get a Chickenpox shot (Vericella #2) because somehow I missed it while I was getting all my other tests and immunizations in Menomonie. I was told that it will take about 10-12 weeks before I hear anything, which may be the longest 10 weeks of my life! I don't think I would be denied acceptance to be a volunteer with the Peace Corps based on my medical history but you never know.


I have already been legally cleared, the only step left is the medical clearance, including dental, and then placement!

UPDATE: I was officially medically and dentally cleared as of September 27, 2011!!! Getting cleared was such a huge accomplishment and sense of relief I feel that it is all downhill from here, as far as the administrative side of getting to my site. Of course there will be times while serving that I am feeling tested, pushed, and overwhelmed but I believe that I will be ready for those moments as they come. I am trying to prepare myself for one of the most memorable moments that I will probably ever experience, but that seems just about as hard as it sounds. There are no words for what I am about to experience in the next three years and only those who have served will ever understand and relate. I will try to keep my blog true to the feelings and reactions of my environment in order to keep a sense of honesty for friends and family, as well as myself looking back on my adventure.

I am not supposed to leave until June of 2012 but I honestly could see myself getting sent off earlier since I have already been cleared. I would be a little hesitant to leave earlier than June, only because I have planned nearly every part of my life with a June departure date; finances, work, and family. With this being said, I would be MORE than happy to leave as soon as I am needed, let the adventure begin!





0 comments:

 

A French Connection Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger