Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Minneapolis --> Seattle --> Honolulu


Well, this is it. Currently on my flight from Minneapolis to Seattle, and from there to arrive in Honolulu. This has been a long time coming and I can’t believe that it has actually arrived. It has been about two months since the last time that I had blogged. The time has passed with finishing up work at Career Professionals and Rojo, spending lots of time with friends, visiting family, and of course the dreaded – packing!

I was able to sell a majority of the things that I was planning on getting rid of, with a few odds and ends that I ended up giving away to family and friends. I was surprised how easy it was to condense my life into two boxes, besides what I would be taking on the trip. I am keeping the items that are not taking the trip with me at Grandpa’s house in Eau Galle, what a nice grandpa! Speaking of Grandpa, my family threw me a going away party at Grandpa’s house also this last Saturday and I was shocked by the amount of people that were able to come out and visit for the day! The sun was out and it was a beautiful day so the tent was set up, tables lined with food, all the kids were running around with the hose spraying each other, it was truly a great day!  There were probably upwards to thirty people that were there, not sure I guess on exactly how many.

Also since we talked last the girls threw me a SURPRISE going away party! I must say I was completely shocked and surprised all at the same time. I really had no idea and even when I look back at it there were still only a few subtle hints. The party was at Stella’s Fish Café in uptown where Amy works and I really thought that we were just going to go there to have a drink to see here and when the elevator doors open, BAM, tons of people from all different parts of my life that I didn’t even know knew each other. A friend was the DJ for the event and we just danced all night! From what I can remember of it, it was a great time.

When I think back to all of the good times that I had in Minneapolis the last year and a half I remember just how much I love this city. So much culture, great food, music scene, the great outdoors, all packed into this big little town. I can honestly call Minneapolis home and city that I hope to come back to some day.

I don’t like to dwell in the past so now its time for my next big adventure. Senegal is going to be great and I am so lucky that I am able to spend some time with my parents, and maybe even see my brother at my LA layover, before I depart. I am truly blessed with the best friends and family, I don’t know what I would do without them. Take care for now everyone. Hawaii here I come!

0 comments:

 

A French Connection Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger